Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Gift of Friendship



An Inspirational Story, Motivational Story -
The Gift of Friendship

by: Jackie Sagner

A few years back when my father was very ill in Nashville and I was living in Florida I learned the value of friendship.

I learned that no one is a stranger when someone needs help.

I was living In Orlando and my father lived in Nashville. He had a stroke and was gravely ill. I was a plane ride away but went up as often as possible. I did not make a lot of money at the time so I relied on credit cards to fly back and forth and to rent a car once in Nashville. This became expensive and my cards soon had large balances on them. I knew that I had to see him so I continued to charge whatever expenses were needed.

My father did pass away and then there were funeral expenses as well and I did not know what to do. I received a knock on my door right before we were to leave for the funeral. It was a co-worker with an envelope. The office had banned together and taken a collection to help with the expenses. I could not believe the generosity! Some of the girls in the office I knew quite well others were just acquaintances but they wanted to help. This was such a help to my family and I will never forget the girls at the office and the kindness that they showed at such a low point in my life.

Thank you to the girls at Florida Otolaryngology Group wherever you are now !!!!

No comments: