Top Ten Tips to shot Northern Lights
1. Use a camera that has a high ISO Capability and low noise.
2. Use good quality, fast lense with apertures of f/1.8 or f/1.4.
3. Use sturdy tripod.
4. Have plenty of fully charged batteries.
5. Wear the right clothes. Warm clothing, coat, boots, hat, gloves and scraf. You could be stood around in the cold for a long time.
6. Work well away from artificial light sources or you may experience light pollution affecting your image.
7. Carry a small head torch. You Could be working in total darkness and need to check the camera settings every now and then.
8. Bring a flask of hot coffe and snacks to eat. You might be up all might.
9. Work away from other people. You will end up with people's head in your shot if you're using extreme wide angle lenses.
10. Enjoy it. share the experience with friend.