The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is a high-power zoom lens with a focal length of 18-300 mm and a zoom ratio of 16.7x, allowing a wide variety of shots from wide-angle to super telephoto with just one lens. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR joins the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II and the AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR to enhance the high-power zoom lens lineup. In addition to achieving a maximum reproduction ratio of 1:3.2x and the f/5.6 maximum aperture at the maximum telephoto position, it also has built-in vibration reduction (VR II), offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps to effectively reduce camera shake for easy telephoto shooting. By incorporating ED and aspherical lens elements, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR offers superior optical performance through an optical system optimized for D-SLR cameras.
Nikon has long had the support of professional, advanced amateur and entry-level photographers for its consistent development of innovative products that respond to the demands of customers and are equipped with the optical technologies Nikon has spent years cultivating as a manufacturer of optical devices. Nikon intends to continue to expand and strengthen the NIKKOR lineup as well as improve customer convenience with the steady release of new, high-performance lenses that offer advanced functions.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Features
- A high-power zoom lens with a focal length of 18-300 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 27-450mm lens in 35-mm  format) and the world's highest 16.7x zoom ratio
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 1:3.2x
- Vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps
- Achieves the f/5.6 maximum aperture at the maximum telephoto position
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Equipped with two focus modes, M/A and M
- The optical system with ED and aspherical lens elements optimal for D-SLR cameras enables sharp rendering and superior optical performance