TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the Nikon D600. Despite having the smallest and lightest body among Nikon FX-format cameras, the D600 offers advanced basic camera performance, and is equipped with a new FX-format CMOS image sensor with an effective pixel count of 24.3-million pixels and the same EXPEED 3 image-processing engine built into high-end Nikon D-SLRs (D4, D800, D800E) for superior definition and image quality.
D600 primary features
- The Nikon FX format in a compact and lightweight body for excellent portability
- A new 24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS image sensor for superior image quality and resolution over a broad range of sensitivities
- The EXPEED 3 image-processing engine, optimized for high-performance digital SLR cameras like the D600, for superior, high-speed processing
- Excellent basic camera performance and operation for comfortable shooting
- High-resolution, full-HD movie recording at 1290 x 1080/30p making full use of a high effective pixel count of 24.3-million pixels, and Multi-area mode Full-HD D-Movie for recording movies in one of two formats
- Support for the Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1b for collaboration with smart devices