A Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of approximately 24.1-million pixels, extremely precise 39-point AF system, and a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor for superior basic performance
A full-scale entry-level model that enables flexible expression with a side-hinged vari-angle LCD monitor
The Nikon D5200 is equipped with a new Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 24.1-million pixels and an image-processing engine equivalent to EXPEED 3 built into the D4 flagship camera. It offers the superior basic performance needed for full-scale photography in a compact and lightweight body.
The D5200 offers the same side-hinged vari-angle monitor as the D5100 that enables flexible shooting from any angle, high or low, making even self portraits possible. It is an entry-level model that meets photo enthusiasts' demands for full-scale photography capabilities with its new Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of approximately 24-million pixels as well as an image-processing engine equivalent to EXPEED 3 built into high-end Nikon D4, D800, D800E, and D600 digital SLR cameras for superior resolution, and image quality with very little noise at high sensitivities.
The standard range of sensitivities covers a broad range of ISO 100 to ISO 6400, with support for additional expansion to equivalents up to ISO 25600 (Hi 2). It also offers the most focus points available in its class–39–for fast and reliable focus acquisition and tracking. The Scene Recognition System, made possible with the same 2,016-pixel RGB sensor found in high-end Nikon cameras, more accurately analyzes scene brightness and color information, which is then reflected in autofocus, automatic-exposure, i-TTL balanced fill-flash, and auto white-balance control.
The D-Movie function supports recording of full-HD 1920 x 1080 60i/50i movies for sharp HD movies exhibiting excellent detail. The D5200 is also equipped with Special Effects mode that enables the application and adjustment of special effects with shooting. Combining a variety of effects with a vari-angle LCD monitor that enables shooting from a wide range of angles significantly broadens imaging expression possibilities with both still image and movie recording.
D5200 Primary Features
- A new Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of approximately 24.1-million pixels and support for a broad range of ISO sensitivities for superior image quality and definition
- The EXPEED 3 image-processing engine made faster and more efficient with optimization for digital SLR cameras
- Equipped with an AF system offering 39 focus points
- 2,016-pixel RGB sensor with built-in Scene Recognition System
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to approximately 5 fps*
- Vari-angle LCD monitor for stress-free shooting from any angle
- Smooth, cinematic action video with Nikon's D-Movie with superior picture quality : 1920 x 1080 60i/50i
- Special Effects mode for creative imaging expression